Learn about everyday life in Budapest during the days of communism, when people drove Trabant cars and drank spirits at work. Hear about the black market and the infamous queues to buy bananas, and visit sites where revolutionary action took place.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Meet your guide at the reception desk of your hotel or in front of the building for private residence pickup locations.
- Private group
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
Know before you go
- This tour involves 2 hours of continuous walking
- The tour operates in all weather conditions
- The tour program is subject to change without prior notice due to construction or city closures for events and festivals