Explore Chicago’s scenic Riverwalk on a self-guided tour. Admire some of Chicago’s most beautiful architecture and dive into its fascinating history as you take a leisurely stroll alongside the river.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Valid 365 days
- from first activation
- Instant confirmation
- Audio guide included
Select participants and date
This self-guided experience begins at the McCormick Bridgehouse & Chicago River Museum. From there, simply follow the audio instructions and the route on the app.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Power bank
- Charged Smartphone
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- This is a self-guided tour; no guide will accompany you. The tour app functions as a guide, an audio tour, and a map all in one.
- After the booking, you will receive an email with a link to the app needed to take the tour and a unique password to access the tour within the app.
- This tour has been developed by local guides, curated by creative writers, and narrated by professional voice artists.
- Most stops along the tour have animated videos allowing you to visualize what you cannot see, such as snapshots from different centuries or interior rooms.
- This tour is valid forever, from the moment of booking. You will not need to change the booking if your travel plans change.