Explore the cellblocks of Eastern State Penitentiary, once the most famous and expensive prison in the world. Learn about the history of this facility and its relevance today through interactive exhibits, history displays, and art installations.
About this ticket
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Valid 365 days
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Host or greeter
- Audio guide included
- Spanish, English
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Enter through the main entrance on Fairmount Avenue.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- Not recommended for children under the age of 7 as the building is in a state of semi-ruin and can pose safety hazards to unattended children
- This tour operates rain or shine; the building does not have climate control so please dress for the weather
- Be sure to wear appropriate footwear
- Eastern State Penitentiary offers a wide range of accessibility services