Enjoy a 2-hour private tour of the Herculaneum ruins with an archeologist guide. Hear about the eruption of Vesuvius and see the town's highlights.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- Italian, German, French, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, English
- Wheelchair accessible
- Private group
Select participants and date
Meet your guide at the Herculaneum ticket office. The guide will be holding a sign with your name on it. You can get to the meeting point by car or by train. Take the train of Corso Resina 1 to Circumvesuviana Train Station, a 10-minute walk away.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Oversize luggage
Know before you go
- On the first Sunday of each month, entrance is free of charge, but as tickets can't be reserved ahead of time, entry is not guaranteed