Hike up to Iceland's newest volcano at Fagradalsfjall with this group tour from Reykjavík. Learn more about this volcano from your guide that is a geologist and volcanologist.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 6 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, German
- Small group
- Limited to 6 participants
Select participants and date
The meeting point is at bus stop number 8 (Hallgrimskirkja).Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Food and drinks
- Hiking shoes
- Rain gear
- High-heeled shoes
- Sandals or flip flops
- Weapons or sharp objects
- Baby carriages
- Party groups
Know before you go
- The hike takes about 1-1.5 hours in each direction (2 to 3 hours in total)
- It's a difficult hike through rough terrain
- Hiking experience and good hiking gear is necessary for this excursion
- The tour can be canceled with short notice due to bad weather conditions or high levels of gas pollution from the volcano
- Because of gas pollution in the area, the hike is not recommended for children under 12 years, pregnant woman, or people with lung diseases
- On request, the tour can take place on different days or a different times of the day.