Embark on an award-winning full day tour that transports you back 2000 years in time. With an expert guide, explore Hadrian’s Wall, a frontier where two cultures collided, and uncover what life was like for the locals and the Romans at the time.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 7 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Your guide will be dressed as a Roman soldier and will meet you at the start pointOpen in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
Know before you go
- A half day tour is on offer for those with less time
- Tours in English
- Small groups
- Your guide will be dressed in authentic clothing for this tour, however, guides do reserve the right to wear modern clothing if the weather causes concern for health and safety
- The tour takes place across a variety of environments, both indoor and outdoor
- There is room to accommodate easier access to tour sites, should you require. See the Leisurely Walk description
- Leisurely Walk: a walk for reasonably fit people with a small amount of hiking experience, on rural paths (walking boots and warm, waterproof clothing are recommended)
- Times: the tour runs throughout the year, start time is 10:00 AM and finish time around 5:00 PM
- Booking in advance is essential