See British tradition come to life on this guided Changing of the Guard and city of Westminster walking tour. Experience two iconic London landmarks combined in one morning with a local guide.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Private group available
Select participants and date
Duke of York column at Waterloo Place. Meeting Point Details: By the Duke of York Column, Waterloo Place, 9 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5AJ. This is the tall column with a statue on top. At the meeting point, your guide will be holding a City Wonders sign with the name of the tour for easy recognition. Arriving by tube: Take the tube to Piccadilly Circus and take exit No. 3 onto Regent Street/St James's. Walk south down Regent Street towards St James's Park (do not walk north towards Oxford Street). Waterloo Place is at the end of Regent Street. You will see the tall column with a statue on top. You can also arrive via Charing Cross Station. Walk down the Mall towards Buckingham Palace, you will see the statue on your right at the top of some steps.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
- Walking frames
Know before you go
- The Changing of the Guard ceremony is subject to changes in date, time, and cancellation at the discretion of British authorities. Cancellation due to bad weather is not announced before the morning of the ceremony. Even when canceled, customers will still see a ‘wet change’ during which the guards march but without the usual music and parade.
- Government-imposed COVID restrictions for entering countries and venues may change at short notice. It is the responsibility of all visitors to ensure they check the official travel advice on the government websites and comply with local requirements. The activity provider will not be held responsible for refused access to museums and tourist attractions and no refund will be due.
- The schedule may change and on different dates, you'll see either footguards or horse guards (on Tuesday and Thursday, you’ll experience the change of the Household Cavalry)