Discover the fascinating world of jazz on an unforgettable tour through Harlem. Learn about the area's music history, visit at least two venues to get a feel of what's happening in the local scene. If you're a singer or soloist, get up and join the band.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Please meet at 6:00 PM at Silvana, 300 West 116th Street. They have a downstairs music space with a lounge area to the back (away from the stage) - that's where the tour group will gather to meet each other. Come early if you want to get there before the music starts and chat a little. The best way to get to Silvana: the closest and best subway is the B and C trains which stop near Silvana at 116th Street and Frederick Douglass (8th Ave).Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable clothes
Know before you go
- Formal dress is not required. Dress for comfort as we'll be out in all kinds of weather as well as in hot or cold clubs.
- There will be some walking, up to 10 city blocks at a time, on this tour.
- Photography is encouraged, but only of the musicians not the other patrons and neighbors. Of course, friendships arise on this tour and photographs among friends are always fine.
- Please note that this tour can be fitted to suit your particular interests, so please let your guide know what you like and hope to learn about the Harlem scene.