Visit the elegant palace of the Louis the 14th without having to waste your time waiting in line with skip-the-line tickets. Listen as you guide fills you in on interesting history about this famous landmark on a guided tour.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the line through a separate entrance
- Live tour guide
- English, French
Select participants and date
Please be at the meeting point 10 to 15 minutes early. Meet at the statue of Louis XIV in Versailles, Place d'Armes, 78000 Versailles. This is located directly in front of the palace. To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, search for the 'Statue of Louis XIV at Versailles.' People who do not show up at the scheduled time will be considered as "No Show" and will not be eligible for a refund. Reservations are subject to a strict schedule. If you are late, it will not be possible to reschedule the activity, unless the activity is paid for once more.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Passport or ID card for children
- Weapons or sharp objects
- Baby strollers
- Food and drinks
- Luggage or large bags
- Selfie sticks
Know before you go
- You can stay as long as you want in Versailles Castle at the end of your guided tour.
- The palace gardens are free on Wednesdays in September/October and every day from November through March
- There are no musical or fountain shows on days when the gardens are free
- The gardens close at 5:30 PM every Saturday between June and September, and on bank holidays (14 July, 15 August, 31 October)
- Tickets to the gardens are not included. You pay to get access to the Musical Gardens Show or Musical Fountains)
- If the castle is overcrowded, there could be a short wait at the group entrance