Skip the long lines and unlock gates to hidden rooms in the Catacombs on this small group VIP tour. Explore the world’s largest ossuary and discover the buried secrets of underground Paris.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today. Learn more
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 7 participants
Select participants and date
Outside the main entrance gate to the Catacombs on Place Denfert Rochereau. 1 avenue du Colonel Henri Roi-Tanguy, 75014 Paris. Do not wait in the line, go straight to the entrance door where your guide will be waiting for you. Nearest metro station: Denfert Rochereau (lines 4 and 6). Exit at Sortie 1 and you will see the Catacombs entrance directly across the street.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- There are 130 steps to enter the Paris Catacombs and 112 steps to exit. This tour is not accessible to wheelchair users or those with limited mobility.
- The Catacombs are 20 meters/65 feet (and more) underground and the tunnels are narrow in places. This tour is not suitable for those with cardiac or respiratory problems, or suffering from claustrophobia.
- The tunnels can be slippery and remain at a temperature of around 14°C/57°F, even in summer. Guests are advised to wear sturdy shoes and bring warm clothing.
- Only 200 visitors are allowed in the tunnels at any one time. If numbers reach a maximum the Catacombs staff reserve the right to hold the entry lines until there is sufficient space. Any delay should not be higher than 5 minutes for our small group.