Explore Iceland's magnificent south coast with this day trip from Reykjavík. Take an adventurous glacier hike. See Skógafoss waterfall, Reynisfjara black sand beach, and a hidden waterfall.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 11 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Pickup takes place between 8:00 AM and 8:30 AM, so please be ready at your pick up location at 8:00 AM. Due to traffic restrictions in downtown Reykjavík, your pickup may be from one of a tour bus stop. Please check your email before the tour for information regarding your pickup.
- Small group
- Limited to 12 participants
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Hiking shoes
- Outdoor clothing
- Bare feet
Know before you go
- Even though the hike is created for first-timers, some of the terrain goes through icy and steep terrain
- If you don't like to be on your feet, the glacier hike may not be for you
- All the necessary is gear is provided but full mobility is required in order to have a safe trip on the glacier
- The guides have a lot of experience with glacier hikes and they will make a final decision whether you are able to participate or not at the glacier
- If a guide refuses to let you go on the glacier, the decision is made with your safety in mind
- Please dress according to the weather
- Stormy weather or heavy rainfall can make the glacier inaccessible
- If the glacier becomes inaccessible, the hike will be moved to the valley next to the glacier with some extra stops added in
- Good hiking boots are required for the glacier hike (minimum crampon size EU 36/US 5,5 / UK 3,5)
- Please bring your camera
- There are stops during the tour where you can purchase food and snacks, but you can also bring a packed lunch