Snorkel between large volcanic canyons and discover the crystal clear waters that flow between the North American and Eurasian continents.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 3 - 5.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup optional
- You will be picked up from your accommodation at pickup points in Reykjavik. Only pickup locations specified on the pick-up list will be served. Due to traffic restrictions, pick up from hotels in the city center is not possible, nor from private Air BnBs. Please contact the activity provider to find out the closest pickup point if your accommodation is not on the list.
- Small group
- Limited to 6 participants
Select participants and date
Meet your guide at the Silfra parking lot, Hörgshliðarlaug, before the activity starts. The directions to the park are Thingvellir Parking P5 (can be found on google maps). This is the 2nd car park, 400m further down the road from where you will be diving. Walk 400m back along the road until you reach the car park with all the snorkel and dive vans.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Change of clothes
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- Participants need to be comfortable in the water and be able to swim
- Snorkeling in the Silfra fissure involves a moderate level of exercise
- Remember to bring: warm undergarments, preferably fleece/wool, no cotton, warm woolen socks, and a change of clothes