Descend 400 feet (120 meters) into the crater of Iceland’s Thrihnukagigur Volcano and experience a unique phenomenon of nature inside one of the country’s top attractions.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 6 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Icelandic
- Pickup included
- Pick-up at hotels/guesthouses in Reykjavik starts 30 minutes prior to departure. Please be ready at that time in front of the building or at the bus stop assigned to your hotel/guesthouse.
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Hiking shoes
Know before you go
- Please wear good hiking shoes and warm clothes. The weather in the mountains is unpredictable and can be very different from ground level. Sneakers and jeans are not suitable.