Hike to recent volcano eruption sites at Geldingadalur Valley on a trip from Reykjavik. Explore the Reykjanes Peninsula Geopark, the Reykjanes Lighthouse, and the bridge between continents.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 10 - 11 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup optional
- Pickup is available from selected hotels, official bus stops in central Reykjavik, and from the cruise port. Please contact the local partner to confirm pickup details after booking.
Select participants and date
Pickup is from bus stop #12.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Hiking shoes
- Rain gear
- Packed lunch
Know before you go
- The hike to the volcanic area is around 2 hours each way. It is not an easy hike but is doable for people of reasonable fitness
- Please dress appropriately for what can be challenging weather conditions. Jeans are not recommended
- Pickup is offered from selected hotels, official bus stops in central Reykjavik, and the cruise port. For this, please indicate which cruise port you will be arriving to
- Due to city regulations, parts of the city center are not accessible by bus, therefore, you will be redirected to special bus stops if you are staying in these areas