Embark on a magical afternoon or evening tour through Geldingaladur Valley and see the eruption site in Meradalir Valley next to Fagradalsfjall Volcano alongside a licensed guide.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 6 - 7 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup optional
- Pickup is available from hotels and official bus stops in central Reykjavik. Please contact the activity provider to confirm pickup details after booking.
Select participants and date
Please wait for your guide at Tour Bus Stop 12 which is opposite the Storm Hotel.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Hiking shoes
- Rain gear
- Packed lunch
- Weather-appropriate clothing
Know before you go
- - The hike takes around 1.5-2 hours each way and is moderately difficult
- - The length of the tour is subject to change due to the live volcano and routes available
- - Due to city regulations, parts of the city center are not accessible by bus; you will be redirected to special bus stops if you are staying in these areas
- - Bring a packed lunch as there will not be a lunch stop on this tour