Enjoy a day of diving in the extraordinary Þingvellir National Park on the outskirts of Reykjavik. Dive into the crystal-clear Silfra Fissure, one of the highest-rated diving spots in the world.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today. Learn more
- Duration 4 - 6 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup optional
- Pick-up from authorized pickup points in the downtown Reykjavik area.
- Small group
- Limited to 6 participants
Select participants and date
If you do not require pick-up from Reykjavík, then meet at the Silfra parking lot. Directions to park: park at Thingvellir Parking P5 (can be found on google maps). This is the 2nd car park, 400m further down the road from where you'll be diving from. Directions to meet your guide: Walk 400m back along the road until you reach the car park with all the snorkel and dive vans. Your guide will be waiting here. There are other companies at the site so make sure you go to the right one and show your voucher. Please be ready to meet your guide 15 minutes prior to tour start time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Change of clothes
Know before you go
- This is a challenging dive and you need to be capable of carrying heavy equipment up to 400m
- It is highly recommended that your last dive was within 24 months
- It is strongly advised to wait 24 hours after diving before flying
- Please provide your height, weight and shoe size in order to provide you with the best fitting dry suit. Please take into account that you may get a little wet
- If you would like to be picked up and dropped of in Reykjavik, please select the option 'Silfra Fissure Dives in Þingvellir Park from Reykjavík'
- Please note that a PADI open water license (or comparable equivalent) is required to be able to participate in this tour
- As all dives are performed in a dry suit, you must have a dry-suit certification or at least 10 logged dry suit dives to be able to join this tour
- Please read the diving handbook prior to your diving adventure (a link to the handbook provided in the voucher)