Go whale and puffin watching in gloriously beautiful Reykjavík. Feel amazed at how many different types of whales you'll see.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet at the Special Tours office in Reykjavik’s old harbor.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Comfortable clothes
Know before you go
- Please consider the best time for whale watching in Iceland is during the summer months (from April to September)
- The chances of spotting whales may be lower at other times of the year
- If nothing is spotted on the tour, get a free ticket to try again
- Tours are dependent on correct weather conditions; your captains will make their decision to sail based on many years of experience, always keeping in mind passenger safety and comfort
- Please note that the Express Whale Watching tour is a faster boat, so this option is 2-2.5 hours for whale watching. You spend the same amount of time in the whale watching area
- The 9:00 AM departure is the Classic Whale Watching followed by the Puffin Express tour at 12:30 PM
- The 10:00 AM departure is the Express Whale Watching followed by the Puffin Express tour at 12:30 PM
- The 12:30 PM departure begins with Puffin Express, followed by Express Whale Watching at 2:00 PM