Access a restricted area of the Colosseum & see a partially reconstructed section of the arena floor. Enter the amphitheater via the Gladiator’s Gate.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Reserve now & pay later to book your spot without any charges today. Learn more
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the line through express security check
- Live tour guide
- English, German, French, Spanish
- Small group available
Select participants and date
At the local partner's office, Via Cavour, 301, 00184 Roma RM, ItalyOpen in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Luggage or large bags
- Glass objects
- Sprays or Aerosols
Know before you go
- This tour operates in all weather conditions.
- The arena floor is a restricted area, so guests must provide their full name, date of birth, and a valid current ID upon entry, including those aged between 3 and 17 years old.
- Please be advised that the exact reservation times may vary slightly due to decisions made by the Colosseum administration office on or before the scheduled tour date. These last-minute changes are outside of the local partner's control but if the time will vary by 20 minutes either before or after your original tour time then you will be informed of this change by email.
- Entrance to the Palatine Hill and Roman Forum will be with the tour guide only; guests cannot leave the group and enter these areas alone as they will not have an individual ticket. For group reservations, the Colosseum does not provide individual tickets but one group ticket which the guide will use for all three areas.
- Unfortunately, this tour is not wheelchair accessible.