Get on your electric-assist mountain bike and experience the Ancient Appian Way, the monumental Roman Aqueducts and the grand Aurelian Walls. Explore Rome’s incredibly rich countryside, an off-the-beaten-track jewel, in the company of an expert guide.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today. Learn more
- Duration 4.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
Select participants and date
Via Labicana 49Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- The length of the tour will be 27 kilometers, roughly 60% of which will take place off-road
- The level of the tour is intermediate (challenging with an added child seat or child extension)
- Approximately 40% of the route of this tour takes place in the city. The tour runs on carefully selected streets, but some traffic is unavoidable to connect the Appian Way to the Park of the Aqueducts. In the remaining 60% of the route (riding in the parks), there is no traffic.
- Wearing a helmet on the tour is mandatory
- Infants under the age of 1 year cannot participate in the tour for safety reasons.
- Infants aged 1-4 years traveling on a child seat (with a load capacity of up to 55 lbs or 25 kg) can come on the tour free of charge
- For children aged 5-8 years, a child extension (child "streamliner") is provided
- Children aged 9 and above can ride on an appropriately-sized bike independently (e-bikes also available)