On this walking tour, discover Hans Christian Andersen's memories of Sintra. You'll also become better acquainted with the Village and its surroundings - not only as they are in the present, but also through the eyes and words of an historian.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Private group
Select participants and date
Facing the main façade of the Sintra National Palace (the one with the two big conical white chimneys), you see, in front of the arches and the fountain, a large staircase; to your left you'll see a smaller staircase. Your Historian will be at the smaller staircase waiting for you (you can recognize him by the bearded face in the logo); Largo Rainha Dona Amélia, 2710-616 Sintra.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Making noise
Know before you go
- Appointments must be made up until 72 hours prior to the desired date
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- This tour is not recommended for people with cardiac conditions
- Since it is in the mountains you will find ups and downs (in regular terrain) on the route