4. Turin: Gourmet Food Tour
Explore the best culinary traditions in Turin, browse among the most renown dishes, and discover the recipes that Turinese people appreciate. During this tour, you will taste some of the following specialties (according to product availability):
• Handmade breadsticks: taste handmade breadsticks in one of the best wine bars of the city, alongside an extraordinary glass of wine from Piedmont.
• Cheeses and cured meats from Piedmont: the Piedmont region has a longstanding experience in cheeses; taste some of the ones most loved in Italy
• Agnolotti: traditional stuffed pasta from the Monferrato area, filled with meat and vegetables, served since centuries with the sauce of roasted meat, arrosto
• Tajerin: delicious fresh pasta, directly from the farmers’ tradition in the Langhe area
• Steak tartare: this is a meat dish made from raw ground Piedmont beef meat. It is often served with a raw egg yolk, and often on rye bread. For those who do not love raw meat, you can instead try a delicious and creamy veggie pie, topped with local melted cheeses.
• Handmade chocolate confections: Turin is the capital of chocolate, in this very city the first praline was ever confectioned in 1800. Taste some of the most loved chocolate treats in the region.
• Bicerin: traditional warm beverage of coffee, milk, and chocolate of different textures. A delicacy which remained unaltered since 1763 and the sweetest way for concluding our tour.