The gondola is a symbol of Venice, as emblematic of the famous city of canals as it is mysterious in its origins. Experience a half-hour gondola ride that takes you to the heart of Venice as you admire its historic sites as they were meant to be seen.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 30 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Host or greeter
- Italian, French, German, Spanish, English
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
Select participants and date
Please meet at Calle Larga Ascensione, in front of the Post Office behind Saint Mark’s Square. Look for the staff at the meeting point that is holding a GONDOLA TOUR sign.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable clothes
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- On the 6:40 PM departure, the gondola maximum capacity is four people
- This is a shared gondola (up to 5 passengers per gondola)
- Infants up to 2 years of age can ride for free only if seated on a parent's lap
- No refund is available for no-shows or late arrivals. The tour also operates in the rain, although in the case of exceptionally high tides or heavy rains the tour might be cancelled by the organizer, with a full refund provided
- It is possible that someone would be not seated in the desired place next to their partner, due to organizational and weight distribution
- The ride could last less than 30 minutes depending on how busy the canals are. The duration of the gondola ride is up to the discretion of the Gondolier.
- Please note that the gondolier is not a tour guide, he's not required to speak your language, nor to sing or give additional information.