Join a mobile-based treasure hunt taking you on a route designed to show you the best of York, highlighting its most popular landmarks as well as hidden gems.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Start your treasure hunt at the York Observatory within the Museum Gardens. If you can't see an email from the local partner, Treasure Hunt York, or the SMS they sent you, go to: https://treasurehuntyork.com/startOpen in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Charged Smartphone
Know before you go
- A ticket is required for each participant
- You will receive a weblink to open on your mobile browser. The screen layout works just like WhatsApp and is very easy to use. You don't need to print or downloading anything
- The treasure hunt must be completed in daylight, as it's impossible to find clues in the dark
- The game time depends on how quickly you complete the hunt, with the average between 1.5 to 2.5 hours. You will cover around 2 miles and the route is step-free
- For larger groups, multiple games (to split the group) can be played 5 minutes apart